Like it or not, many of your employees likely are accessing Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other social media sites on and off the clock. Telling them not to may be impractical. But not managing the associated risks properly can put your business in jeopardy.
On Wed. May 23 I will be delivering a webinar, through Thompson Publishing, that will explore the many issues emerging from the explosive popularity of social media:
- Where do you draw the line on when and how much an employee can engage with social media?
- Is it lawful for a recruiter, HR, or a supervisor to peruse the Facebook or Twitter pages of an employee or potential hire?
- Will blocking employee access to these sites at the workplace impact productivity?
- What are the privacy ramifications of social media on the workplace?
- Is it possible to control employees’ use of social media without violating the National Labor Relations Act or other employment and civil rights laws?
These are risky times for employers regarding social media (ok, just one of many risks for employers!) so I hope you will join me.
Click on the link to register: