The quality of an investigation can easily become the deciding factor in resolving an internal complaint or become the solid evidence you need if your case goes to court. Of course, your investigation can also put a smile on a plaintiff”s attorney’s face if not done properly. At the end of the day, you need to conduct an effective, impartial, good faith investigation.
The Association of Workplace Investigators (AWI) is an association focused on promoting and enhancing workplace investigations. As an AWI Board Member, I am happy to announce AWI is holding its first Training Institute outside of California for workplace investigators May 4-8, 2015 in Mystic, Connecticut.
This week-long program is one of the most sought after and comprehensive trainings available for workplace investigators. With a nationally recognized expert faculty and gold standard curriculum, this program will provide you with a solid foundation and confidence you need to effectively conduct workplace investigations. Early bird registration ends on January 15. To get more information or register, please go to www.aowi.org. Or shoot me an email!
Who Should Attend:
- New and seasoned investigators
- Attorneys, HR professionals, private investigators, security
- Professionals from private and public sectors
- Internal employee investigators of organizations
- Outside, third-party investigators
Conference Highlights Include:
- 5 days of highly interactive curriculum
- Faculty to student ratio of one-to-six
- Participation in a full-day mock investigation
- Understanding the legal framework and defining issues and creating a strategy
- Avoiding bias
- Interviewing and dealing with difficult witnesses
- Determining credibility
- Report writing
- Participants receive a certificate of completion.
The early registration deadline for the Connecticut Institute is January 15, 2015.
The program limit is 60 students, and 24 are already registered. Our February California Institute, is sold out, and each previous Institute sold out close to the early registration deadline.